Leads are like raw data. Duplicate leads may appear in the leads module as the same person could have few interest submissions. This is why you may need to merge leads to customers.
Jason Ding - A Residence
Jason Ding - B Residence
The above example could be the case when:
- The same person (potential buyer) participating in different campaigns
- Different salesperson from different region/project keying in the same person
In this case we do not disallow creation of same record as this helps the salesperson to have a record of the interest or touch points. As a salesperson on the go, there might not be time to review duplicates as well. In this case, the merge lead to customer feature may be useful.
- Click on any lead
- Click Qualified at the right-end of lead stages progress bar (learn more here)
- Select an Existing customer from the dropdown (inspect carefully which customer you would like to merge with)
- Select a project or unit (optional)
- Click confirm
Example after merging:
Jason Ding - A Residence, B Residence
Merging lead to customer will not bring forward any lead data. It will only retain lead notes.
Customer data is more refined and we will not replaced refined data with raw data.
Access roles like staff and agents will lose access to the record once they merge a lead to a customer that they are not able to access. They will then need to request for a higher user access role to add assign the opportunity to them accordingly to regain access.